The recent news involving the Novel Coronavirus is creating concern across the globe. As you may be aware, a new strand of the Coronavirus, technically referred to as 2019-nCoV, can lead to fever, cough and general respiratory distress. In a
proactive measure based on guidelines issued by the US Center for Disease Control (CDC), the Nassau County Department of Health is implementing a 14-day voluntary quarantine for all travelers from mainland China.
We have been assured that there is no reason for any changes in Court activities, however prudent practices and protocol should be followed. There are currently no vaccines available to protect against this virus. Since this is the height if cold and flu season, the Department of Health recommends the following ways to minimize the spread of all respiratory viruses, including the coronavirus:
- Wash hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Use hand sanitizing products. Avoid touching face eyes nose and mouth.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick. Stay home when feeling ill.
- If exhibiting flu-like symptoms, such as fever and cough, consult your physician.
- Cover your cough/sneeze with a tissue.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
Health and safety remain COBANC's primary concern and collectively we can work to ensure this goal. Additionally, New York State has established a Q & A Coronavirus hotline, 888-364-3065 or the Center for Disease Control's dedicated COVID-2019 website, www.cdc.gov/nCoV, that you may use as resources.
We will continue to keep you apprised as updated information becomes available.